I’m in one of the worst phases: no experiments to prepare, and only stuff to write up in various shapes and forms. Since I seem to be one of those people who works better when there are others around, this sometimes makes it hard for me to focus. Contact with other people makes things better, but at the moment my office is empty, except for me. I’m actually not sure what happened to the student they moved in, I haven’t seen her yet this year.Also, there’s nobody online.
Anway, to help myself find motivation and some accountability, a list of all the things that need doing:
– processing comments on journal article
– turn journal article into chapter 4
– write introduction & theoretical background for chapter 6, then mesh it together with the methods and the results
– write chapter 2, based on articles
– write chapter 3, based on other articles
– write chapter 1, a.k.a introduction to the whole thesis
By that time I should have received feedback on a number of things, so I’m sure I’ll be able to add those to the list.
Also, it’s strange how getting a new PC can be a boost and a downer. Boost because, hello pretty, and you’re so shiny and pretty and fast! Downer, because, hello, everything still needs to get its own place and my iTunes ratings don’t transfer, and lots of the artwork seems to have gotten lost in the process.