November 2009


After a long day yesterday, the discussion and conclusion of the journal article are written, the abstract added, all figures and tables numbered and rendered to black and white. The article has gone on to internal company review, and is send to supervisors as well.

The grant proposal is already at its third version, and today I’ll finish that too. It’ll get send once more to the prospective boss, and maybe one current supervisor. Still need a nice, catchy title in 5 words or less. And a good summary / abstract. Tomorrow I plan to look at the online submission process, and check to make sure that I have all the recommendations etc. lined up.

Monday I can thus write the method section for the last experiment, and make sure the last data are in put in the database.

Advertisements

So far, the grant proposal for the post-doc position has been rewritten (and improved, I hope) and been sent back to my prospective supervisor and some other people. One of them said they will for sure look at it beginning of next week, which is good.

The discussion and conclusion of the journal article have been somewhat written, but it turned out that bits of the results were missing, so I’ve been fixing that first. If I continue work on it today it could be finished enough to send to supervisors, and internal company reviewers.

Chapter: will start on that as soon as the article has gone off to reviewers, but will wait to send chapter to supervisors until the feedback and comments on the article have been processed.

Method section: haven’t looked at it yet, but at least I made pictures of the experimental set-up.

Experiment: FINISHED! 100 people in 4 weeks, with sessions lasting around 100 minutes. Next time I’ll come up with an experiment that doesn’t last so long and doesn’t require so many people! (After which I reviewed my grant proposal and failed that intention quite completely – although the time should be split up into different sessions. Experience tells me this is not necessarily better, but it will be different.)

November has started a while ago, but I haven’t been able to put my butt in a chair and write what really matters. So, for the accountability, goals will be put up here. Since I’m still busy running an experiment full-time for the next week, I have to take into account that 2 weeks is probably all I have to finish what I put down here.

Important stuff that should be written:

– Discussion and conclusion journal article

– Grant proposal for post-doc (version 1 done, and received feedback)

– Chapter for thesis based on aforementioned journal article

– Method section for chapter based on this last experiment